- Instead of asking if you can bring a meal, ask what day would work best for you to bring dinner. And then do it. It doesn’t have to be homemade.
- If someone is facing a difficult period and they will need support for some time, ask if you can bring a rotisserie chicken and a vegetable every Tuesday (or whatever day is convenient for you and the recipient). This serves two purposes; sustenance and some routine in an unstable period.
- Check in regularly with whatever vehicle works; telephone, text, or email. All you need to communicate is that you are thinking of them and checking in.
- If you are running errands, call to see if you can run an errand for them as well. One less errand can ease an already stressful day.
- Do consider indulging in small kindnesses. Just knowing that someone is thinking about you can brighten a tough day.
Image via Flickr Creative Commons / lusi